Press roller unit
The press roller ensures a uniform pressure against the carpet and the secondary backing.
Continuous measuring of the pressure between the press rollers
Automatic measurings and control of the pressure between the rollers constantly ensure – fully automatically – the desired pressure irrespective of the carpet weight or the carpet thickness.
Continuous cleaning of the roller which gets in touch with the secondary backing
When producing with Action Back or jute, it is unavoidable that small amounts of latex penetrate the secondary backing. In order to prevent this latex from sticking to the press roller, the roller is water-cooled and driven. Condensation will keep the roller moist, and the speed is controlled by means of a small differential speed in proportion to the carpet.
Electronic precautionary measure prevents crashing
The overall PLC is constantly receiving data about the position of the stenter and the positions of the top and bottom rollers. Thanks to the data in question the movements of the stenter and the press rollers are limited to avoid crashing.
- Water-cooled, hard-chromium plated rollers against the carpet back.
- Servo-driven rollers with a controlled differential speed in proportion to the carpet.
- Load cell measurings of the roller pressure, automatically compensated for the carpet weight.
- Roller pressure between 15 and 150 kg right/left.
- One or more carpet widths.
- Roller pressure controlled by means of servo motors.
- With a CAMPEN press roller unit the desired lamination of the secondary backing can be achieved with less and/or less expensive adhesive with considerable savings as a result.